While pediatric sleep experts may suggest slightly different methods, most advise that a good bedtime routine is key to a good night’s sleep.
The American Academy of Pediatrics, in its book Guide to Your Child’s Sleep, says that “It’s almost impossible to overstress the importance of a calm, orderly bedtime routine.”
Consider this advice from Very Well Family: A good bedtime routine can be the difference between good sleep habits and a lot of sleepless nights.
The article goes on to note, “However, setting up an effective bedtime routine can be easier said than done.” Laying down new bedtime rules or attempting new techniques can be incredibly difficult. When you’re living off of little sleep, your new bedtime strategy may seem impossible to execute. However, the sooner your child can begin a healthy bedtime routine, the better it’ll be for the whole family.
Enter the Bedtime Board Game, an easy-to-use, fun solution created by parents. It's a playful game that checks all the boxes for an effective bedtime routine:
- It creates a consistent series of steps toward getting to bed
- It's age-appropriate for preschoolers and kindergarteners
- It allows children and caregivers to collaborate within a defined framework
- It builds healthy habits like using the potty, brushing teeth and bathing and also encourages responsibility for picking up toys
- It promotes family bonds and prompts conversation through Cloud Card topics.
- It offers children tangible rewards through the shiny, colored gems, which families may choose to let kids exchange for other incentives.
Bedtime routines are a great time to connect with your child, especially if they are in childcare during the day. The bedtime routine is a perfect time for one-on-one time with your child.